Lasting recovery from drug and alcohol addiction involves overcoming both the mental and the physical aspects of addiction. During detox, those working to break free of a substance use disorder will have the support needed to stop using drugs or alcohol safely, with medical care and medications as needed to manage withdrawal symptoms. Having support for psychological dependence during recovery is just as important. Addiction therapies are a foundational part of our treatment programs at Serenity Grove. Our clients participate in a mix of group and individual therapy sessions every week to help them work through the underlying causes of addiction and build healthy coping skills.
Learn more about our unique approach to addiction therapy programs and how to get started by contacting our team at 844.904.3485 today.
The Importance of Addiction Therapy Programs
At Serenity Grove, we have an unwavering commitment to helping our clients achieve lasting recovery. And we know that no two clients are alike—this means that personalized treatment plans are necessary. In our Georgia treatment center, we offer a variety of addiction therapy programs to address all of our clients’ unique needs.
During addiction treatment therapy sessions, experienced therapists and counselors lead participants through the factors that may have contributed to substance use issues. The reasons why an individual might begin to struggle with addiction are complex, but could include:
- Past trauma
- A family history of addiction
- Chronic pain
- Co-occurring mental health issues
Learning how to manage triggers is an essential part of sustainable sobriety. While in treatment, you’ll learn how to cope with stress, mental health issues, and even chronic pain in a healthy way.
Both group and individual sessions are part of a well-rounded treatment plan. In group sessions, clients build a network of support and find perspective on the challenges they’re facing. And in individual therapy sessions, clients and therapists work one-on-one to find healing.
Addiction Treatment Therapies We Offer
Different therapies serve different purposes in treatment. Since addiction treatment isn’t one-size-fits-all, we incorporate a variety of therapies into our clients’ treatment plans. The therapies we offer include both evidence-based and holistic approaches, including:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) – A widely used approach to improve negative thoughts and harmful behaviors
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) – A form of therapy that incorporates mindfulness and emotional regulation
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT) – A therapy that teaches participants to accept what has happened and plan for the future
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR) – An approach that uses movement to help participants process trauma
- Trauma therapy – Designed to give clients a space to work through trauma without re-traumatizing them
- Person-centered therapy – This form of therapy offers clients a safe, judgment-free space
- Anger management – Trained therapists can help those with anger issues find healthy ways to process emotion
- Holistic therapies – Yoga, meditation, and experiential therapies can all offer stress relief
Additionally, we can help clients who are struggling with co-occurring mental health concerns through targeted mental health therapy. Our programs for anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder, and PTSD offer hope and healing.
Finally, using the CRAFT philosophy of family therapy, we’re able to provide support for both clients and their loved ones.
NAD Therapy for Detox
While going through drug or alcohol detox, we can also offer NAD+ therapy. With this form of treatment, you’ll get an infusion of nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD) coenzymes into your bloodstream. NAD helps your cells generate energy and metabolize fuels. It helps aid your brain’s recovery when you’re healing from addiction. While you receive the 45-minute treatment, you can relax. Depending on how severe your condition is, you may need several treatments. The NAD therapy will help your body naturally heal and regenerate. It can also reduce the number of withdrawal symptoms you may experience.