With modern stress-filled lifestyles, more and more people are succumbing to depression. An estimated 25 million Americans suffer from certain types of depression each year. Without a quality depression treatment program, the individual may be overcome by feelings of sadness and struggle to function normally. They may develop a substance use disorder or even contemplate suicide. So, if you or a loved one is struggling with depressive thoughts, reach out to Serenity Grove for personalized mental health treatment in Athens, GA.
Our depression treatment program is carefully designed to uncover the root causes of one’s melancholy. With the help of FDA-approved medications, evidence-based therapies, and holistic practices, we help our clients develop efficient coping mechanisms to face life’s many challenges. Moreover, our supportive and non-judgmental staff guides them through every step, instilling new hope and optimism in their hearts.
To know more about our customizable depression treatment program, call us at 844.904.3485.
Types of Depression Disorder
A depression disorder is characterized by long periods of sadness and melancholy. Thus, a person struggling with a depression disorder may lose interest in their favorite activities and struggle with excessive sleep or insomnia. They may also report general feelings of listlessness and exhaustion. As a result, life seems to have lost all meaning for them. Some may even turn to substance use as a last resort.
There are many different types of depression, including the following:
- Major Depressive Disorder (MDD): Often known as clinical depression, this is the most common and persistent kind of depression, accompanied by thoughts of sadness, worthlessness, and suicidal ideation.
- Persistent Depressive Disorder (PDD): Also called dysthymia, the symptoms of PDD are less severe than MDD, although the person may feel depressed for days on end.
- Postpartum Depression (PD): Mothers often experience a feeling of intense depression after childbirth, due to hormonal changes.
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD): Some people experience feelings of depression during the winter months, although their mood improves with the onset of summer and warm weather. SAD has often been linked to a disturbance in the body’s natural circadian rhythm with seasonal changes.
- Bipolar Disorder: This disorder is characterized by extreme mood swings; an individual may experience feelings of happiness or “mania” followed by thoughts of chronic sadness. The symptoms may be mild or severe. As a result, the person may soon feel as though they are losing their grip on reality.
At Serenity Grove, we treat all kinds of depression disorders. Our staff is committed to helping clients rediscover a sense of happiness, meaning, and purpose in their lives.
Our Depression Treatment Program in Athens, GA
At Serenity Grove, we believe in all-round recovery, prioritizing the client’s physical and mental health. For long-lasting sobriety and wellness, we pay attention to both the symptoms of addiction, as well as to co-occurring disorders like depression disorder.
As part of our depression treatment program in Athens, GA, our clients can avail the following benefits:
- Continuity with therapists: Our clients work with the same therapists through all levels of care, building bonds of trust and solidarity.
- Evidence-based therapies: Moreover, we offer different kinds of therapy sessions to help the clients control negative thoughts, build healthy habits and become self-motivated in the recovery journey. These include cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), trauma therapy, motivational interviewing, group therapy and so on.
- Holistic activities: Additionally, to uplift the client’s moods and promote a general sense of calm and well-being, we offer several recreational activities. These include yoga classes, family counseling, meditation sessions, group activities, movie nights, and so on.
- LGBTQ-friendly space: Finally, we are a queer-friendly clinic, respecting and affirming people of all identities and orientations.
Find Help and Healing at Serenity Grove Recovery
No matter how serious the condition, health, and happiness always await you at Serenity Grove. We try not to focus on the negative aspects of substance use or a depression disorder. Instead, we encourage our clients to adopt an optimistic approach to life. Our team patiently and lovingly helps them find practical solutions to their unique problems. Even after treatment is formally complete, our clients can enjoy ongoing support via our lifelong continuing care program.
Right now, you may be feeling sad or overwhelmed. But we can assure you that you will live to see a brighter day. Call us at 844.904.3485 and take the first step towards healing today.