Developing an addiction is never in one’s control. While detox can successfully treat the physical symptoms of addiction, it does not address the client’s mental health, which can be a contributing factor in developing an addiction. A trauma therapy program can help in uncovering the root causes of substance use, address unresolved trauma or repressed emotions, and empower clients to face the future with a smile. If you or a loved one is struggling with a substance use disorder, reach out to Serenity Grove’s personalized addiction therapy programs.
Many of our clients have unresolved trauma from childhood or family life or are still recovering from a traumatic encounter. As such, we offer a dedicated trauma therapy program in Athens, GA to complement our addiction recovery treatment. To know more about our trauma-informed care services, call us at 844.904.3485.
Why We Offer a Trauma Therapy Program
As practitioners of trauma-informed care, we believe in seeing the “big picture” first. Our clients come from all backgrounds and have diverse lived experiences. Thus, before commencing treatment, we evaluate their medical history and perform diagnostic tests to formulate a recovery plan that is unique to them, taking their lifestyle and mental health issues into account.
Attending our trauma counseling sessions has several benefits such as:
- Clients can relive and process traumatic incidents in a safe, non-judgmental, and comfortable environment.
- They learn to identify the elements from their past that are holding them back.
- They learn to let go of unhealthy thoughts, feelings, and memories that serve no purpose and focus on their healing with better awareness.
- Our therapists maintain full confidentiality and teach our clients effective coping mechanisms to manage difficult emotions and cope with stressful situations.
- Other symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) are adequately addressed, and throughout several sessions, the client becomes more confident and resilient.
- Clients become better at self-care, setting boundaries, and pursuing their goals.
Thus, trauma counseling is vital for the recovery process. With healthier coping mechanisms and contingency plans, the client is less likely to return to use, no matter the circumstances.
Our Trauma Therapy Program in Athens, GA
Seeking trauma counseling at our family-owned clinic offers many advantages, including:
- Continuity with therapists: We ensure that our clients closely work with the same therapists through all levels of care, building bonds of trust and resilience.
- End-to-end-care: We believe that medical detox is just the beginning of the treatment process, and we guide our clients through the various step-down levels of care, including residential treatment, outpatient healing programs, and continuing care services.
- A lifetime’s worth of continuing care: Since addiction recovery is a lifelong process, we offer a lifelong continuing care program so that our clients can receive ongoing support and reach out to us for help, whenever required.
- LGBTQ-friendly clinic: We welcome clients of all gender identities and sexual orientations, and ensure that no one faces any discrimination.
- Dual diagnosis treatment: We treat the root causes of addiction, addressing both the physical symptoms and co-occurring mental health issues.
Find Healing and Support at Serenity Grove
At Serenity Grove, we believe that by addressing the root causes of addiction, our clients can make a full recovery.
At our family-owned clinic, we provide a safe and comfortable atmosphere for our clients to heal and rebuild their lives. Our team of compassionate and non-judgmental doctors works closely with each client, to find effective solutions to their unique problems. From medical detox to residential treatment and outpatient care, we are there for our clients at every step.
It is never too late to seek help. Call us at 844.904.3485 and change your life for the better.