You don’t always need to be a war veteran to suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Any stressful or traumatic encounter in one’s childhood or adulthood can have a lasting impact and leave one with symptoms of PTSD. Fortunately, a robust PTSD treatment program can train clients to cope with trauma in healthy ways and live happy and fulfilling lives. If you or a loved one is struggling with post-traumatic stress disorder, reach out to Serenity Grove for our individualized mental health treatment in Athens, GA.
Almost everyone has had a traumatic encounter at some point in their lives. However, if they don’t find a healthy way to deal with it, the negative memories and emotions can adversely affect their day-to-day lives. To learn more about our PTSD treatment program in Athens, GA, call us at 844.904.3485.
Why We Offer PTSD Therapy
At Serenity Grove, we offer a dedicated PTSD treatment program for the following reasons:
- Often those struggling with PTSD may turn to substance use, lose all motivation for living, and contemplate suicide. A PTSD treatment program can thus help them heal and find the will to live again.
- By enrolling in PTSD therapy, a therapist can show us the different ways the past is holding us back and encourage us to successfully move on.
- A person with post-traumatic stress disorder may feel isolated and estranged from the community. Regular support group meetings can offer a safe space for them to talk about sensitive and traumatic issues without fear or judgment.
At Serenity Grove, we treat individuals with post-traumatic stress disorder of all backgrounds, helping them rebuild their lives anew.
Our PTSD Treatment Program in Athens, GA
Those struggling with post-traumatic stress disorder may also have other co-occurring issues. As a result, we offer a customizable PTSD treatment program that can be further adapted as per one’s needs and recovery goals. By enrolling in our PTSD treatment program in Athens, GA, clients can enjoy the following unique benefits.
- Continuity with therapists: We understand that trust and vulnerability play a critical role in recovering from trauma. That is why we ensure that our clients work with the same therapists through all levels of care.
- Trauma therapy program: In addition to other evidence-based therapies, we offer a specialized trauma therapy program for clients to come to terms with difficult memories and emotions, and become better at dealing with traumatic flashbacks.
- Life skills training: Trauma can adversely change one’s perspective, affecting their jobs, studies, and relationships with loved ones. Our life skills classes can help them to get their priorities on track and reconnect with the community at large.
- Lifelong continuing care services: Even after treatment is formally complete, our clients can enjoy ongoing support, solidarity, and access to vital healthcare resources as part of our lifelong continuing care program.
- Queer-friendly clinic: As a family-owned facility, we strive to create a safe and supportive environment for all, welcoming clients from the LGBTQ community and other marginalized backgrounds.
Find Help and Healing at Serenity Grove Recovery
At Serenity Grove, we will make your physical and mental health our highest priority. Our empathetic and expert team comprised of the best doctors, therapists, and health specialists works with each client to find unique solutions to their issues. Instead of focusing on the negative aspects of trauma, we empower our clients to become resilient and find new joy, meaning, and purpose in their lives. As part of our lifelong continuing care program, our clients can be assured that we’ll always have their backs, no matter how far they are.
It is never too late to seek help. Call us at 844.904.3485 and choose a better and more beautiful life for yourself today.