Treating the physical symptoms of addiction is often not enough to guarantee a full recovery. Instead, it is vital to address the root causes of a substance use disorder, alongside any mental health issues and other concerns with the help of quality addiction therapy programs. So, if you or a loved one is struggling with addiction and any co-occurring disorders, reach out to Serenity Grove’s psychotherapy program in Athens, GA.
Since the efforts of Freud in the nineteenth century, the field of psychotherapy or “talk therapy” has come a long way. Psychotherapy for addiction usually involves one-on-one sessions with a therapist, support group meetings, family counseling, and other practices. Such practices are aimed at uncovering the root causes of a substance use disorder and training the clients to be more self-aware and resilient. To learn more about our psychotherapy program in Athens, GA, call us at 844.904.3485.
Why We Offer a Psychotherapy Program
Those struggling with a substance use disorder may face significant hurdles in recovery unless their needs are properly listened to. Psychotherapy and counseling are thus, important aspects of an addiction recovery program.
As a result, enrolling in psychotherapy for addiction offers several unique benefits, such as the following:
- A person battling addiction may feel alone and estranged from society. So, by talking about their negative feelings with a professional, they can be reassured that they are far from alone and that recovery is always possible.
- Psychotherapy offers a safe space for clients to discuss their past trauma, difficult emotions, and repressed memories. These can play a critical role in determining the root causes of addiction.
- Through regular psychotherapy sessions, clients thus learn to improve their communication styles and repair inter-personal relationships. As a result, they can convey their needs clearly and set better boundaries.
- By talking to a therapist about their deepest thoughts and fears, clients also learn to become more self-aware, and mature; they learn from their past mistakes and become more forgiving.
- Moreover, they can slowly learn to identify triggers and unhelpful thought patterns and replace them with positive habits and self-affirmation.
- Support group meetings and family counseling can additionally help in building a safe, comfortable and supportive environment for the client.
- Psychotherapy can thus bring up positive changes in a client’s behavior and actions, leading to a swifter recovery.
Our Psychotherapy Program in Athens, GA
At our family-owned residential clinic in Athens, GA, we offer various psychotherapy programs for addiction. Each of our programs has the following distinct advantages:
- We ensure our clients work with the same therapists through all levels of care.
- Our clinic is a queer-friendly space that welcomes and affirms people from all identities and orientations.
- Moreover, our staff provides vital life skills training to all our clients, preparing them for the life outside rehab.
- In fact, as part of our dual-diagnosis treatment, we treat both the physical symptoms of addiction as well as any co-occurring disorders.
- We offer an uplifting and comfortable environment for our clients to recover, free from distractions and negative influences.
The Road to Recovery Begins at Serenity Grove
At Serenity Grove, we believe that a full recovery is possible for everyone, no matter how severe the condition. So, instead of focusing on the dark side of addiction, we prefer taking on a more optimistic solution-focused mindset. This involves guiding and helping our clients find practical ways to live happy and successful lives.
We specialize in end-to-end care services, guiding our clients through detox, residential treatment, outpatient healing and even continuing care. We take every effort to ensure our clients can heal in utmost comfort and have all their needs attended to. Thus, with the help of our non-judgmental and supportive therapists and doctors, our clients soon learn to stand on their own feet and tackle life’s many challenges with confidence and vigor.
Call us today at 844.904.3485 and take your first step on the road to sobriety and recovery.