Addiction and mental health issues often go hand-in-hand. That is why most quality facilities offer a “dual diagnosis” treatment program. This approach involves simultaneously treating addiction symptoms and any co-occurring disorders. If you or a loved one is struggling with a substance use disorder, reach out to Serenity Grove Recovery’s addiction treatment programs.
At Serenity Grove, our mission is to help clients rebuild their lives. Consequently, we treat the physical symptoms of addiction and aid the individual in finding effective coping mechanisms to tackle the hardships of life. To know more about our dual diagnosis treatment program, contact us at 844.904.3485.
Why We Offer Dual Diagnosis Treatment
For lifelong recovery, it is important to uncover the root causes of addiction. This is because, more often than not, students and adults turn to drugs and alcohol when they cannot cope with life’s challenges. They may have repressed trauma, mental health disorders, or even a history of substance use in their family that needs to be addressed.
So, before treatment can formally commence, a series of medical tests and psychological evaluations must be performed. This helps to identify the co-occurring issues. Some common co-occurring disorders include:
- Bipolar disorder
- Suicide ideation
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD)
- Anger management issues
- Eating disorders
Thus, we offer dual diagnosis treatment because we believe that maintaining lifelong sobriety can get difficult unless the underlying causes of addiction are adequately addressed. Moreover, we take on a problem-solving approach. We are committed to closely working with clients to find unique solutions and strategies that will enable them to move forward in life successfully.
A dual diagnosis treatment program has several benefits, including:
- Addressing co-occurring disorders and past trauma
- Minimizing the chances of a client returning to use
- Providing tips and strategies to face day-to-day challenges
- Identifying and replacing negative thinking patterns with positive ones
- Improving confidence levels, self-awareness, and communication skills
- Teaching the clients to be self-reliant and have contingency plans
Our Addiction and Mental Health Treatment Programs
At Serenity Grove, our dual diagnosis treatment approach is crucial to treat addiction and mental health issues successfully. Some unique features of our addiction and mental health treatment programs include:
- End-to-end care: We offer a full continuum of services for every client, including detox, residential and outpatient treatment, and continuing care services. We ensure our clients are comfortable through the various step-down levels of care.
- Lifetime continuing care: Moreover, we offer a “lifelong commitment” to our clients and provide ongoing support even after primary treatment is complete. As a result, they can always rely on us and reach out for help whenever needed.
- Continuity with therapists: Therapy and counseling is a vital part of treatment. Our clients work with the same compassionate and non-judgemental therapists through all levels of care.
- Life skills training: In addition to counseling and 12-steps programs, we also help clients build a better roadmap for their futures and get their lives back on track.
- Personalized treatment: Addiction recovery is different for everyone. So, we tailor our treatment programs as per the client’s case history, unique needs, and specific recovery goals.
Find Help and Healing at Serenity Grove Recovery
As a family-owned residential treatment center, we strive to provide clients with a safe, homely, and supportive environment to heal and get their lives back on track slowly. Moreover, our doctors and therapists ensure that every individual receives medical attention, intensive care, and emotional support throughout the recovery process. Even after the primary treatment is complete, we offer lifelong continuing care services so that the client can always contact us in case of a crisis.
A better and brighter future awaits you. So, take the first step by calling us at 844.904.3485.