Addiction adversely affects every aspect of one’s life, including health, finances, relationships, and career. In certain cases, treating the physical symptoms of addiction isn’t enough, as the individual may still be struggling with past trauma and mental disorders. Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) can thus help them be more productive and rebuild their lives. So, if you or a loved one is struggling with a substance use disorder, reach out to Serenity Grove for our individualized addiction therapy programs.
At our family-owned residential treatment center in Athens, GA, we offer dialectical behavior therapy and other services, as part of addiction treatment. In fact, we cater to all kinds of clients, from teenagers to aged professionals, helping them find effective solutions to their issues and inspiring them to move ahead in life with renewed confidence.
To learn more about our individualized programs and services, call us at 844.904.3485.
What Is Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)?
DBT is a modified form of cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) that targets a person’s behavior and teaches them healthy ways to cope with stressful situations. It was formulated in the late 1980s by Dr. Marsha Linehan and her colleagues to treat bipolar disorder (BPD).
Since then, the techniques and strategies used in DBT have been adapted to effectively treat other mental health issues and substance use disorders.
The principles of DBT can be applied to both one-on-one therapy sessions as well as in support group meetings. These core principles of DBT include the following:
- Core mindfulness
- Distress tolerance
- Interpersonal effectiveness
- Emotion regulation
Why We Offer Dialectical Behavior Therapy
At Serenity Grove, we specialize in helping our clients find effective strategies and solutions to their specific issues. Instead of dwelling on the dark side of addiction, we encourage our clients to remain optimistic and self-motivated and utilize the recovery period as a time for introspection and self-growth.
As part of addiction treatment, we offer dialectical behavior therapy for the following reasons:
- It teaches clients to accept their limitations and identify their strengths, weaknesses, and the key areas of their behavior to focus on.
- As a result, they learn to identify unhelpful thought patterns, negative emotions and build healthier habits.
- The clients thus find safe and efficient ways to deal with triggers and stressful scenarios.
- Moreover, DBT teaches clients to set clearer boundaries, improve communication skills and repair strained relations.
- By learning to manage their emotions better, clients can thus live more enriching and productive lives.
Our Addiction Treatment Programs
If you’re looking for quality addiction treatment with a focus on dialectical behavior therapy in Athens, GA, look no further than Serenity Grove Recovery. We offer several unique benefits, such as the following:
- Lifelong continuing care services
- Dual diagnosis treatment programs
- LGBTQ+ friendly treatment center
- Life skills training
- 12-steps program
In addition to DBT, we offer other evidence-based therapies and holistic practices, including:
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Community reinforcement and family training therapy (CRAFT)
- Motivational enhancement therapy (MET)
- Experiential/adventure therapy
- Rational emotive behavior therapy (RAFT)
- Yoga therapy
Find Help and Healing at Serenity Grove Recovery
No matter how severe the condition, hope is always available at Serenity Grove.
As a family-owned clinic, we offer a safe, supportive and comfortable environment for our clients to heal and rebuild their lives. From detox to residential treatment to outpatient care, we are there for our clients at every step. Moreover, even after treatment is formally complete, our lifelong continuing care program ensures that our clients can remain sober and reach out to us for help during an emergency.
We can help you get your life back on track. So, call us at 844.904.3485 and begin your healing journey today.