Methamphetamine, or meth for short, is a highly potent stimulant. It acts on the central nervous system, producing immediate feelings of euphoria and enthusiasm at the cost of long-term health complications. However, you can reverse the damage and regain control of your life by enrolling in a meth rehab program near you. If you or a loved one is seeking quality meth addiction treatment, reach out to Serenity Grove’s substance abuse treatment center in Athens, GA.
Since smoking, snorting, or injecting meth quickly releases a flood of dopamine into the brain, people soon get addicted to it. In fact, consuming a small quantity of meth just once can lead to addiction. To know more about the dangers of meth and our meth addiction rehab program, call us at 844.904.3485.
What Happens in a Meth Rehab Program?
Even after realizing that they are addicted, many people delay seeking professional help. They might try quitting on their own or quitting cold turkey, both of which are not recommended as it leads to painful withdrawal symptoms and deadly side effects. They might also not be aware about what happens in a meth rehab program and, thus, be unwilling to opt for professional care.
However, seeking professional meth addiction treatment is your best shot at recovery. At Serenity Grove’s meth addiction rehab, clients may expect some or all of the following:
- Medical detox, including medication management (such as fluid, electrolyte, and vitamin replacement) and 24-hour nursing care for high acuity detox
- Therapeutic care in the form of one-on-one therapy sessions, family counseling, and peer support groups
- Life skills training workshops that help clients develop vital communication and interpersonal skills required to adjust to everyday life
- Holistic therapies and recreational activities to boost emotional well-being
- Lifelong continuing care so that the person can enjoy ongoing support even after completing rehab
Our Meth Addiction Rehab in Athens, GA
At our family-owned clinic, we ensure that each client receives intensive support, therapeutic care, and medical attention throughout the treatment process.
We offer a variety of unique approaches and services to maximize chances of full recovery, such as:
- Dual diagnosis treatment where we address both physical symptoms of addiction and co-occurring mental health disorders to ensure a lasting recovery
- Continuity with therapists wherein clients work with the same counselors through every stage of recovery, receiving personalized support and feedback on their progress
- LGBTQ-friendly clinic so that people from marginalized orientations and sexualities (who face unique challenges in recovery) have access to quality healthcare and a supportive space
- End-to-end care where we guide the client through each stage of healing, from detox and residential treatment to outpatient care and beyond
Along with medication-assisted treatment (MAT), we believe therapeutic care is crucial for recovery. Our empathetic staff also specializes in various therapies, such as:
● Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT)
● Trauma therapy
● Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
● Community reinforcement and family training (CRAFT) therapy
● Motivational enhancement therapy (MET)
● People-centered therapy
● Rational emotive behavior therapy (REBT)
● Yoga therapy
Find Help for Meth Addiction at Serenity Grove
At Serenity Grove, we aim to help people overcome their addictions and live joyous and productive lives. No matter how severe the condition is, you can always count on our world-class team to find a solution.
Instead of dwelling on the dark side of addiction, we empower our clients to be resilient, self-motivated, and self-reliant. Using a mixture of medication-assisted treatment and evidence-based therapies, we help clients manage their physical symptoms and also bolster their mental well-being. With our lifetime continuing care program, clients are more likely to commit to lifelong sobriety and wellness.