Heroin is a highly addictive substance that is extremely difficult to quit on one’s own. However, with professional assistance and medical drug detox, heroin withdrawal symptoms can be minimized, and a full recovery is possible.
If you or a loved one is struggling with a substance use disorder, reach out to Serenity Grove Recovery for heroin detox and other addiction treatment programs.
We offer end-to-end care, including detox, residential treatment, outpatient services, and lifelong continuing care. At Serenity Grove, each client receives intensive care and emotional support at every step of the recovery journey.
To know more about our heroin addiction treatment programs, call us at 844.904.3485.
What Is Heroin Detox?
Heroin Withdrawal Symptoms
Heroin addiction can lead to fatal consequences if left untreated. If you have been trying to quit on your own but cannot, you need to undergo heroin detox at a treatment center as soon as possible.
The heroin withdrawal symptoms differ from person to person and are impacted by the level of chemical dependence and duration of use. For instance, someone who may have used heroin just once or for a short while may experience mild symptoms, while those who have used it regularly may face more painful side effects.
Common heroin withdrawal symptoms include:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Abdominal cramps
Nevertheless, with a medically-supervised heroin detox program, the painful withdrawal symptoms are minimized. Great care is taken to ensure the client is safe, comfortable, and relaxed throughout.
What To Expect at Our Heroin Detox Center
At our heroin detox center in Athens, Georgia, we welcome clients from all walks of life and provide comprehensive care and support. Whether a student or a working professional, our personalized treatment programs will help you successfully conquer your addiction and teach you healthy coping mechanisms to face life’s many challenges.
In general, here’s what you can expect at our heroin detox center:
- Complete end-to-end care: We believe that addiction recovery is a lifelong process. Thus, once the initial detox is complete, we offer varying step-down levels of care, along with continuing care services.
- 24-hour-care: We provide around-the-clock nursing care and supervision for high-acuity detox.
- Continuity with therapists: Our clients work through the same therapists through all levels of care, building bonds of trust and resilience
- Life skills training: Addiction affects every aspect of an individual’s life. As a result, we focus on helping clients rebuild their lives, learn effective communication skills and make sustainable lifestyle changes.
- Professionals program: Since people often turn to drugs to cope with work-life stresses, we offer a professional program designed to help adults overcome their addictions and maintain a healthy work-life balance.
- LGBTQ-friendly clinic: We affirm and respect all identities and orientations and ensure that our queer clients heal in a safe and supportive space.
- Medication Management: We know that heroin withdrawal is not easy, and comes with many uncomfortable symptoms. We provide medications to help alleviate this while going through the withdrawal process.
In addition, we offer a mixture of evidence-based therapies and holistic practices that cater to the client’s emotional well-being and underlying issues. Some of these include:
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Community reinforcement and family training (CRAFT) therapy
- Experiential/adventure therapy
- Rational emotive behavior therapy (REFT)
- Motivational interviewing
Begin Heroin Detox in Georgia Today
As a family-owned residential treatment center, we strive to create a safe, homely, and supportive environment for all our clients. Away from the stresses of daily life, they can focus on healing and rebuilding their lives with the right medical attention, therapy, and holistic support. We ensure that every client has access to lifetime continuing care so that even if they return to use again, they can swiftly heal and commit to sobriety.
It is never too late to seek help. Call us today at 844.904.3485 and take the first step towards a happier life.