Struggling with undiagnosed mood disorders can seriously impact your day-to-day life and emotional well-being. You may have difficulties concentrating at work and feel anxious and unhappy to be around people. Some may even suffer from insomnia or excessive sleep. Seeking out bipolar disorder treatment at the earliest will help you get your life back on track. If you or a loved one is struggling with mood disorders, reach out to Serenity Grove for quality mental health treatment in Athens, GA.
Over 2.8% of the U.S. adult population actively struggles with bipolar disorder. Mood disorders may have several causes, including chemical imbalances or environmental factors. If left untreated, the individual may even turn to substance use and/or contemplate suicide. To find out more about our personalized bipolar disorder treatment program in Athens, GA, call us at 844.904.3485.
Why We Offer Treatment for Mood Disorders
At Serenity Grove, we offer a safe and supportive healing space for all our clients. Our team guides them as they slowly recover from trauma, mood disorders, and other co-occurring issues. Mood disorders including bipolar disorder are of various kinds. As a result, we strive to provide individualized care and attention to all our clients.
A person struggling with bipolar disorder may experience feelings of happiness or highs followed by extreme depression or lows. In some cases, the manic episodes may be short-lived, while the depressive periods go on for longer. Their moods may constantly fluctuate, affecting their ability to perform tasks and causing emotional distress.
At our clinic in Athens, GA, we offer bipolar disorder treatment for the following reasons:
- Mental health is frequently neglected in hectic lives, and important issues may go undiagnosed for years. As part of our dual diagnosis approach, we ensure the client’s mental health is of the utmost importance.
- Mood disorders are caused due to a variety of factors. Some might be biological. But in many cases, the person may also have repressed trauma or be living in a stressful or abusive environment. By uncovering the root cause, our team can come up with an efficient recovery plan.
- A person seeking bipolar disorder treatment may feel extremely isolated from the community. They may struggle with self-doubt, anxiety, and paranoia. At our clinic, we offer a safe space for them to recover, where they can interact and befriend others going through a similar journey.
Our Bipolar Disorder Treatment Program in Athens, GA
Every client experiences mood disorders differently. Consequently, our bipolar disorder treatment program in Athens, GA is customizable and makes use of a variety of therapies and strategies. Those seeking bipolar disorder treatment at our clinic may avail of the following unique benefits:
- Continuity with therapists: To ensure utmost trust and familiarity, our clients work with the same therapists through all levels of care.
- FDA-approved medications: To cope with the chemical imbalances in one’s brain, we offer different kinds of medication designed to improve the quality of the client’s life.
- Evidence-based therapies: We offer various kinds of therapies that train our clients to control negative thoughts, develop healthier habits and form a better relationship with themselves.
- Holistic therapies and recreational activities: We also offer yoga therapy and meditation classes to promote a greater sense of calm and emotional well-being. We arrange recreational events such as movie nights, cookouts, and group activities. Thus, we encourage our clients to be joyful, social, and enthusiastic about life.
- Queer-friendly clinic: As an LGTBQ-friendly space we ensure no client faces discrimination of any kind.
- Life skills training: We prepare our clients to tackle life’s many challenges with bravery, confidence and optimism.
Find Wellness and Sobriety at Serenity Grove
At Serenity Grove, we are committed to helping people recover successfully from their mood disorders and other issues and go on to live happier and healthier lives. Every client receives intensive care, emotional support, and all kinds of help throughout the recovery process. Even after treatment is formally complete, they can rely on us for anything as part of our lifelong continuing care services.
Hope and healing await you at Serenity Grove. Call us at 844.904.3485 and take the first step today.