Addiction can have a negative impact on an individual’s life, affecting their health and alienating them from friends and family. At a time when they need help and reassurance the most, they might feel alone and too afraid to reach out. So, a family therapy program can speed up the recovery process and repair bonds of trust and understanding. In fact, if you or a loved one is struggling with a substance use disorder, Serenity Grove’s addiction therapy programs can help rebuild your life anew.
At our family-owned residential clinic, we offer family counseling and education along with medical detox and other services.
We strive to create a safe and comfortable atmosphere for all our clients and even invite their loved ones to play an active part in the recovery process.
To learn more about our family therapy program in Athens, GA, contact us at 844.904.3485.
Why We Offer a Family Therapy Program
Family support is crucial both during and after treatment. Young people are more likely to turn to substance use if they grow up in a toxic environment or their parents also drink and/or do drugs. Loved ones may even have misconceptions about addiction, and family counseling can help clear doubts and teach them to offer active emotional support.
At Serenity Grove, we offer a family therapy program as part of our addiction treatment services for the following reasons:
- It can identify toxic or enabling behaviors that may have contributed to the addiction.
- The client and their loved ones will have a safe and non-judgmental space to talk about troubling issues.
- It can help repair estranged relations and improve interpersonal skills.
- Family education can help clear misconceptions and sensitize loved ones about the different aspects of the recovery process.
- The family can play a key role in the healing journey by motivating and reassuring the client.
- After treatment is complete, the client will have a healing home environment to return to.
- The client is better able to communicate their needs and desires to their loved ones and vice versa
- Regular family therapy sessions can significantly reduce the chances of a client returning to use.
- It fosters understanding, empathy, and trust between loved ones, building stronger bonds.
If you’re looking for quality family therapy services in Athens, GA, call Serenity Grove at 844.904.3485.
Our Family Therapy Program in Athens, GA
We offer family therapy at our treatment facility in Athens, GA. In a typical session, the client and their loved ones are seated in a comfortable room and encouraged to talk about their issues in the presence of a therapist. The therapist might guide the conversations or help to resolve any conflicts that arise.
There might also be separate family counseling sessions where the loved ones are educated about addiction and the recovery process and are taught the different ways in which they can offer active support.
In addition to family therapy, we also offer several unique services, including:
- LGBTQ+ friendly clinic – We offer a safe and welcoming space where we respect all identities and orientations.
- Continuity with therapists – Our clients work with the same therapists through all levels of treatment.
- Life skills training – In addition to detox and therapy, we teach our clients important life skills before they reconnect with the community.
Find Help and Support at Serenity Grove Recovery
At Serenity Grove, we help our clients build a solid foundation for a lasting and successful recovery.
No matter how severe the addiction, we closely work with our clients to find effective solutions to their problems. We specialize in providing end-to-end care guiding the client through the stages of detox, residential treatment, and outpatient care until they are self-motivated and independent to resume a normal life. We also offer lifelong continuing care services for our clients so that they can reach out to us even after their treatment is formally complete.
You deserve a happier life. Call us at 844.904.3485 and begin the healing journey today.