Choosing to seek professional help for addiction is one of the best decisions you can take. Most quality rehab centers offer a residential program where clients can focus on recovery and healing in an environment free of distractions. Before signing up, the staff will usually provide a list of what to bring to rehab. If you or a loved one is struggling with a substance use disorder, reach out to Serenity Grove’s residential rehab in Athens, GA for effective help and treatment.
A treatment center will typically have a list of allowed and prohibited items that you can consult while packing for your trip. Residential treatment is one of the initial stages of addiction recovery and usually continues for at least 30 days. Therefore, make sure you pack a month’s worth of supplies.
To know more about our personalized residential program and what to bring to rehab, call us at 844.904.3485.
What to Bring to Rehab
Before enrolling in a treatment program, the staff at a rehab center will thoroughly evaluate your case history and recommend a customized recovery program that may include residential care, outpatient treatment, and other forms of holistic support. Residential treatment usually lasts for 30, 60, or 90 days, depending on the severity of the client’s symptoms.
Since you will be away from your family and work for a while, it is important to pack carefully for your recovery trip. This is a handy checklist of rehab essentials:
- Identification documents, such as a photo ID, driver’s license, or passport
- A list of contacts of friends and family, along with a couple of emergency numbers and addresses
- Some cash, a debit/credit card, and insurance documents to pay for treatment and small purchases
- Any medicines that you are already taking, along with the doctor’s prescriptions
- A notebook and pen
In addition to the above, you’ll also need to pack clothes, shoes, toiletries, and hygiene products. There might be certain restrictions, so check the following guidelines while deciding what to bring to rehab:
- Pack clothes that are loose-fitting and comfortable, such as T-shirts, pants, and undergarments. Ensure that your clothes do not have any references to drugs or violence and also check if your rehab has a particular dress code or not.
- Depending on the weather and time of year, you may need to pack clothing for either hot weather or cold weather or both.
- While packing toiletries and beauty products such as lotions, sunscreen, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, etc, ensure that they are all “alcohol free.”
- Most rehab centers will probably not allow laptops, mobile phones or devices with internet access. However, if you need to work or attend an office meeting on Zoom, check with your rehab’s policies.
- Some centers may allow a camera or MP3 player that doesn’t have internet connectivity.
What NOT to Bring to Rehab
The following items are usually prohibited in most rehabs:
- Alcohol and drugs
- Electronic gadgets
- Revealing clothing
- Cards and video games
- Outside drinks and food
- Razors and sharp objects
- Incense and candles
If you’re not sure if a particular item is allowed or not, or need more information, call us at 844.904.3485.
Get Help and Healing at Serenity Grove Recovery
At Serenity Grove, we are committed to helping our clients overcome their addictions and live happier and healthier lives. From residential treatment to outpatient care, we guide our clients through all stages of addiction recovery. As part of our lifelong continuing care program, our clients can enjoy ongoing support and access to vital healthcare resources throughout their lives. Instead of focusing on the “dark” side of addiction, we empower them to be self-reliant and assist them in finding effective solutions to their issues.
Attending rehab will change your life for the best. Call us today at 844.904.3485 to book an appointment.