In many situations, painkillers can act as life savers. Whether it’s post-surgery pain or chronic backache, taking painkillers to relieve the pain can vastly improve one’s quality of life. However, several prescription painkiller pills carry the potential for misuse and can lead to addiction. Enrolling in a painkiller rehab program can help you recover from addiction and find healthy ways to cope with pain. If you or a loved one is seeking a painkiller addiction rehab, reach out to Serenity Grove for effective and personalized substance abuse treatment.
Painkillers, especially those which fall into the category of opioids or opiates, are particularly dangerous, even when they are prescribed by a doctor. To know more about our painkiller addiction treatment, call us at 844.904.3485.
Why We Offer a Painkiller Rehab Program
While painkillers often provide instant relief and help an individual effectively manage symptoms of chronic pain, they often have far-reaching, long-term side effects. At Serenity Grove, we have a dedicated painkiller rehab program for the following reasons:
- After a point, the body may develop a tolerance to a painkiller, prompting the person to consume it more regularly or at a higher dosage, leading to health complications.
- Once an individual is addicted to painkillers, they may turn to street drugs to experience euphoria or dull the sensations of chronic pain.
- Prolonged use of painkillers can lower one’s pain sensitivity in the long run, thereby making their chronic pain worse. For instance, it can lead to a condition called opioid-induced hyperalgesia, where a person taking pills for back pain may gradually experience pain in other parts of the body, leading to an increased dependence on opioid medication.
- Painkiller addiction increases the risk of death by overdose.
- It can also result in co-occurring mental health disorders such as anxiety, depression, mood swings, and insomnia.
Thus, a painkiller addiction treatment program will empower you to fight your chemical dependence on painkillers and develop healthy pain management strategies.
Our Painkiller Addiction Treatment Program
At Serenity Grove, our goal is to help clients recover from addiction and go on to live fulfilling lives. In our painkiller rehab program, each client receives the highest levels of medical attention, intensive support, and therapeutic continuing care.
Thus, clients looking to enroll in our painkiller addiction rehab can expect some or all of the following services:
● 24-hour nursing care for high acuity detox
● End-to-end care, including detox, residential care, outpatient treatment, and lifelong continuing care
● Medication management (such as fluid, electrolyte, and vitamin replacement for detox clients)
● Evidence-based therapies, such as cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), trauma therapy, anger management, and motivational interviewing
● Continuity with therapists, wherein our clients work with the same counselors throughout the treatment process
● Life skills training to help the client adjust to everyday life and slowly reconnect with the community
Moreover, our team follows a dual-diagnosis approach in painkiller addiction treatment and other substance use disorder treatment programs. As part of this approach, we treat both the physical symptoms of addiction, and co-occurring mental health issues, guiding the client to make a full and lasting recovery.
Find Hope and Healing at Serenity Grove
No one is beyond help at Serenity Grove. At our state-of-the-art facility in Athens, GA, we offer a tranquil and supportive environment for clients to slowly heal and rebuild their lives.
From residential care to outpatient treatment, we offer many services and therapies, as addiction recovery is a different path for each individual. Following a medical assessment and psychological evaluation, we provide a personalized treatment plan as per one’s recovery goals, unique needs, and budget.