Even after formally completing an addiction treatment program, there is always a small chance a client may return to use. To prevent that from happening, most quality clinics will recommend a relapse prevention therapy program. If you or a loved one is struggling with a substance use disorder, reach out to Serenity Grove’s addiction therapy programs for effective treatment.
A relapse prevention plan identifies a person’s internal and external triggers and formulates contingency plans accordingly. It also trains clients in self-control, teaching them to be more resilient and stronger in the face of adversity. At Serenity Grove, we offer a relapse therapy program in Athens, GA, along with other end-to-end care services. To find out more about our personalized relapse prevention therapy program, contact us at 844.904.3485.
Why We Offer a Relapse Prevention Plan
At our family-owned residential treatment center, we strive to uncover the complex causes that drive a person towards addiction. Medical detox can rid the person’s body of toxins and address physical symptoms, but it alone isn’t enough. So, we encourage our clients to attend individual and group therapy sessions, and other holistic activities. These aim to resolve past trauma and find effective coping mechanisms.
For high-risk clients or those who’ve been in rehab before, we recommend a relapse prevention plan. Thus, we offer a relapse prevention therapy program for the following reasons:
- A relapse prevention plan is based on the principles of cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT). It teaches clients to identify their triggers and unhelpful thinking patterns that may result in substance use.
- They learn to expand their coping skills to successfully manage a variety of stressful situations
- They learn to rationally outweigh the benefits of staying sober over succumbing to substance use.
- A relapse prevention plan also accounts for emergencies—situations where the client is triggered and/or exposed to harmful substances.
- Clients also build a strong support network of loved ones and therapists. They can monitor their progress over weeks and months and can be relied upon in case of a crisis.
- Finally, the clients learn to set clearer boundaries and find healthy alternatives. They can control or sublimate their negative urges into other sober activities.
Our Relapse Prevention Therapy Program in Athens, GA
At Serenity Grove, we believe a full recovery is possible for everyone. To that end, we offer end-to-end care services, along with a relapse prevention plan and lifelong continuing care services.
Just a few of the services offered at Serenity Grove include:
- A wide range of addiction therapy programs
- Dual diagnosis treatment to address co-occurring disorders
- Family counseling to help clients and their loved ones heal
- Individual counseling so clients can work through the underlying causes of addiction
- Group therapy where clients build a network of support
- Holistic therapies such as yoga and meditation
There are multiple factors as to why a client may return to use. Instead of dwelling on the negative aspects of addiction, we focus on finding unique solutions for each client.
Find Help and Lifelong Support at Serenity Grove
At Serenity Grove, we ensure that each client receives the best medical attention, intensive therapy sessions, and emotional support throughout the recovery process.
From detox to residential care and outpatient treatment, we guide our clients through every step. As a family-owned clinic, we strive to provide a safe, supportive and comfortable environment where our clients can heal, introspect and rebuild their lives anew. We even offer a lifelong continuing care program so that our clients can enjoy constant support and encouragement. They can also reach out to us in case of any emergency.
Even if you have returned to use, remember that it isn’t the end of the world. No matter how severe the condition, hope and healing are always available at Serenity Grove. Call us at 844.904.3485 and begin your healing journey today.