Addiction causes long-term changes to one’s brain chemistry. As a result, those struggling with a substance use disorder often lack the willpower or motivation to commit to recovery. Motivational enhancement therapy (MET) is a form of addiction counseling specifically designed to help such individuals. So, if you or a loved one is showing symptoms of addiction, reach out to Serenity Grove for personalized addiction therapy programs in Georgia.
At our family-owned recovery center, we offer a calm and welcoming environment for our clients to slowly heal. Instead of focusing on the negative effects of addiction, we motivate our clients to be resilient and optimistic. Thus, our therapists closely work with each individual to find practical and effective solutions to their unique problems. To learn more about our motivational enhancement therapy program in Athens, GA, call us at 844.904.3485.
Why We Offer Motivational Enhancement Therapy (MET)
Serenity Grove offers a wide variety of evidence-based and holistic therapies for all our clients, including motivational enhancement therapy. As part of our dual diagnosis approach, we address both the physical symptoms of addiction along with any co-occurring mental disorders. Since addiction affects everyone differently, we customize our treatment programs as per the client’s needs and recovery goals.
Certain people may need outside motivation to kickstart the recovery journey until they are ready to self-heal. Thus, MET can help such individuals get their lives back on track. Thus, we offer a motivational enhancement therapy program in Athens, GA for the following reasons:
- MET helps clients identify their toxic behavior and their roadblocks to change. With just a few sessions, a therapist can formulate an action plan to remove these roadblocks, setting the individual on the path to wellness.
- Moreover, therapists trained in MET do not argue with the clients or force them to change their behavior. Rather they offer a source of support and empathy, gently nudging them on the right path while acknowledging that is natural to feel ambivalent or resistant to change.
- MET is also a time-sensitive approach, and assessment and counseling all take place within five to six sessions. It is designed to kickstart or motivate the clients into taking an active part in healing.
- Finally, MET is particularly beneficial to those in the early stages of recovery, especially during the post-detox phase when the person is struggling with withdrawal.
Our Motivational Enhancement Therapy Program in Athens, GA
We offer a personalized motivational enhancement therapy program in Athens, GA. Enrolling in any of our addiction counseling services, including MET, offers several unique benefits such as the following:
- Continuity with therapists: Our clients work through the same therapists through all levels of care, building bonds of trust and solidarity and rebuilding their future anew.
- End-to-end care services: We guide our clients through every step of the recovery journey, from detox to residential treatment to outpatient care and beyond.
- An uplifting and supportive space: Our clinic is also a safe space for clients to share their thoughts and feelings and grow as human beings. Instead of looking at the dark side of addiction, we take a non-judgmental and practical approach to healing.
- LGBTQ-friendly center: We welcome clients from all orientations, identities, and backgrounds, ensuring that no one faces discrimination of any kind.
- Lifelong continuing care: Lastly, even after treatment is officially complete, our clients can continue to rely on us for any kind of help and support.
Find Help and Sobriety with Serenity Grove’s Addiction Counseling Services
At Serenity Grove, we make sure that no one feels isolated or overwhelmed during recovery. No matter how severe the condition, we motivate our clients to get better and rebuild a happier future for themselves. Along with medication, therapy, and emotional support, we also empower our clients with life skills training classes so that they can eventually reconnect with society and live a successful life.
It is never too late to get help. Call us at 844.904.3485 and get the help you deserve today.