Drug overdose is one of the leading causes of death all across the country. Sadly, the state of Georgia has had a 1,000% increase in opioid-related deaths in just the last few years. No matter how alarming these numbers sound, a full recovery is always possible if one seeks timely treatment. Most healthcare providers now recommend a dual diagnosis treatment program for addiction. If you or a loved one is looking for co-occurring disorders treatment and dual diagnosis in Georgia, reach out to Serenity Grove for immediate help and relief.
As the very name suggests, “dual diagnosis” addresses both the physical and psychological symptoms of addiction. After a carefully supervised medical detox rids the body of toxins, the client then attends individual and group therapy sessions to uncover the root causes of addiction. To know more about dual diagnosis in Georgia, call us at 844.904.3485.
Dual Diagnosis in Georgia
In most cases of addiction, simply undergoing detox isn’t enough as the person may develop cravings later and return to use. To ensure a long-lasting recovery, doctors must discover the underlying causes and triggers for addiction. Often, those struggling with a substance use disorder are also suffering from co-occurring mental and physical issues such as:
- Chronic stress
- Mood disorders
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Chronic pain
- Lack of concentration
Unable to cope with these issues, people often turn to drugs and alcohol for relief, fostering more unhealthy habits. Unless these issues are adequately addressed and the client is trained to develop healthy coping mechanisms, a full recovery isn’t likely.
This is where a dual diagnosis comes in. In fact, the dual diagnosis approach has two main components: physical and psychological, as outlined below:
- Physical: The client undergoes detox in a safe and comfortable environment. Doctors may also prescribe FDA-approved medications to ease the process and manage the cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
- Psychological: The staff may provide a personalized recovery plan that includes evidence-based therapies (EBT), support group meetings, life skills training, and other holistic practices.
As a result, centers that offer dual diagnosis in Georgia promise an all-round problem-solving approach that addresses every aspect of an individual’s addiction. It not only heals them but also provides a roadmap so that clients can learn from past mistakes, make healthy lifestyle changes and commit to lifelong sobriety.
Finding Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment and Dual Diagnosis in Georgia
Are you looking for a quality rehab center? If so, make sure you choose a facility that offers co-occurring disorders treatment and dual diagnosis in Georgia. Additionally, these are some more pointers you may consider:
- Does the facility offer personalized recovery programs?
- Do the staff have all the necessary accreditations and licenses?
- What about its reputation and ratings in the community?
- Does it have a dedicated rehab alumni program?
- Does it offer a good selection of EBT and holistic therapies?
- Do clients work with the same therapists throughout the recovery journey?
- Does the center offer a continuing care program?
- Are their programs and services covered by an insurance plan?
Above all, choose a center that understands your recovery goals, and one where the staff will do their best to help you achieve them.
Get Help and Healing at Serenity Grove Recovery
At Serenity Grove, we aim to help citizens overcome their addictions and live more fulfilling lives.
Yes, you could dwell on the negative aspects of the disorder. Instead, we motivate our clients to be resilient and find effective solutions for their unique issues. Since addiction treatment and recovery is different for everyone, we provide customized treatment programs, working closely with the client at every step. Even after treatment is formally complete, we offer a lifelong continuing care program so that our clients can enjoy ongoing support and turn to us in case of a crisis.
Addiction isn’t the end of the world, but a second chance for a better and brighter beginning. Call us at 844.904.3485 and begin your healing journey today.