Opioids are a class of drugs that are known to be highly addictive. As a prescription medication, opioids are often used to treat chronic pain. They are also recreationally consumed to induce feelings of euphoria. At an opioid rehab center, the client is carefully weaned off the drug in a safe and regulated environment while also receiving therapy and guidance. So, if you or a loved one is struggling with addiction, Serenity Grove’s substance abuse treatment center can help you rebuild your life.
The regular and repeated use of opioids can have long-term consequences. The body may develop a tolerance, leading to the consumption of the substance in higher quantities for the same effect. As a result, the person may become chemically dependent, requiring opioids for the body’s normal functioning. Ultimately, this will culminate in addiction, and it might be necessary for professional intervention from an opioid rehab center.
To learn more about our personalized opioid addiction treatment program in Athens, GA, call us at 844.904.3485 or connect with us online.
Why We Offer an Opioid Rehab Program
Addiction is a serious disease that can happen to anyone. Opioids have a variety of medical benefits including pain relief, suppression of diarrhea, and mood improvement. Opioids work by attaching themselves to specific proteins called opioid receptors that can reduce one’s perception of pain. Be it cancer, surgery, or bone disease, opioids can thus effectively help in all kinds of pain relief. However, it is possible to become chemically dependent or addicted to opioids without even realizing it.
At Serenity Grove, we understand the complex circumstances that can drive a person to addiction. So, we treat each client on a case-by-case basis. Our expert staff helps people find healthy and sustainable solutions to their problems.
We cater to all kinds of clients from teenagers to older professionals at our designated opioid rehab center for the following reasons:
- Drugs are diverse and have different effects on the body. Since no two drugs are the same, we offer specialized rehab programs for every client, based on their medical history.
- Quitting drugs on one’s own is highly unsafe and can lead to severe side effects. At our opioid rehab center, our clients receive around-the-clock nursing care in a structured environment.
- Medical detox is safer and more effective than quitting cold turkey. As opioid addiction can result in intense cravings, we use FDA-approved medications to alleviate the painful withdrawal symptoms. In fact, we make every effort to ensure that our clients are safe and comfortable.
Since opioids have both physical and psychological effects, the experts at an opioid rehab center can help clients address co-occurring mental health disorders and find effective strategies to cope with life’s many challenges.
Our Opioid Rehab Center in Athens, GA
Addiction recovery requires a multifaceted approach, and what might work for one person may not work for another. So, at our opioid rehab center, we ensure our clients work with the same therapist through all levels of care, building bonds of trust and resilience, and finding personalized solutions to their issues. With the help of medication-assisted treatment (MAT) and evidence-based therapies (EBT), we uncover the root causes of addiction.
As part of our opioid addiction treatment program in Athens, GA, we offer various specialized therapies and services, including:
- Lifelong continuing care
- Dual diagnosis treatment
- Community reinforcement and family training (CRAFT) therapy
- Motivational interviewing
- Rational emotive behavior therapy (REFT)
- 24-hour nursing care for high-acuity detox
- 12-step meetings
- Holistic practices, such as yoga and EMDR
It is extremely difficult to overcome opioid addiction alone; professional treatment is recommended as the best and safest way to attempt recovery.
The Importance of Getting Opioid Addiction Treatment
Opioid addiction treatment is an effective way to overcome a substance abuse problem. It can help individuals find relief from the physical and psychological effects of addiction, as well as provide long-term support and recovery options for those in need. Here are some of the benefits of opioid addiction treatment:
- Improved physical health – Addiction can take a toll on your body, leading to fatigue and a weakened immune system. Treatment can bring your physical health back to optimal levels.
- Reduced cravings – Seeking professional help for opioid addiction can decrease your cravings for the substance and lower the risk of relapse.
- Increased mental clarity – Addiction often hinders an individual’s ability to think clearly and make decisions, but treatment can improve cognitive functioning and enable clearer thinking.
- Emotional stability – Addiction affects both physical and mental health, which in turn can cause instability in one’s emotional state. Treatment for opioid addiction can help restore an individual’s sense of well-being.
- Life skills development – During the recovery process, individuals learn how to cope with triggers, build better relationships, and develop life skills to help them avoid relapse.
- Support system – Treatment helps individuals find a strong support system of family, friends, counselors, clinicians, and others in recovery who can offer emotional and practical support as they work toward lasting sobriety.
With the proper help, individuals can overcome their substance abuse issues and experience a sense of freedom and renewed hope for the future.
Find Help and Healing at Serenity Grove
At Serenity Grove, we believe that a successful recovery and lifelong sobriety are possible for everyone. At our family-owned residential treatment center, we specialize in end-to-end care, guiding the patient through all stages of treatment. In fact, instead of focusing on the dark side of addiction, we empower our clients to be motivated, teaching them to rebuild their lives and reconnect with the community.